Thursday 29 March 2012

Brown Hares at last!

As mentioned in a previous post I have been trying to photograph Brown Hares Lepus europaeus. I have seen up to 6 hares in a spot a 10 minute drive from my house, over the last week or so I have worked out their habits. They tend to get active between 6-7pm with a peak about 6.30pm. They appear on a piece of moorland and enter a lush field through a fence and then feed. With this knowledge I positioned myself in the car and waited. The first hare appeared running up the moorland, it hesitated at the gate then hopped through and then ran to the bottom of the field "bugger" no photos. Luckily no 2 appeared 10 minutes later, this one hopped through and then sat in a perfect position. Night 2 at just after 7pm when I was about ready to call it a day, 2 hares appeared together, neither stayed put as they entered the field but I got a shot of one squeezing through the gate and running off. The next mission is to photograph some sparring activity, and still got those pesky Mountain Hares to Photograph.

All photos © Carl Corbidge






No comments:

Post a Comment